Sunday 30 March 2014

Single Mom-ing It...

...for 2 weeks.  It might as well be an eternity, for real.

Since we've moved to "the big city" Charlie has stepped up his game around the house...and frankly, I have started bowing out of the "homemaker" game BIG TIME.

Let me paint you a picture of how bad it is.

I haven't done laundry since we moved here.  Okay, ONCE I put a load in and then Charlie unloaded it because I did it wrong and rewashed it.  I don't do laundry anymore.

I found a FAB-O app that lets me make an awesome schedule and grocery list (my special talent..lists and organizing) and then it connects to Charlie's phone and HE does all the shopping now.  Like, ALL of it.

I don't really do that much cleaning....Charlie on his days off gets a lot of it done as well.  Plus he has started cooking.

So basically I am used to doing nothing but my computer-based job all day.

And now my star homemaker-man is going away for a mancation with my dad for 2 looong weeks.  I am pretty sure we will run out of clothes, groceries and clean dishes while he is gone.  Plus I am relatively certain my sanity will have a very short expiration date.

I'm trying to psych myself into it, you know?  Pinning stuff about how to handle life as a single parent, scheduling work and kids and household stuff while not dying of exhaustion and hopefully getting workouts in still?  Impossible?  Probably. 

I give it three days before I m in bed 24/7 watching full seasons of Pretty Little Liar and teaching my kids to order Pizza online.

Anyone else taking bets?

No comments:

Post a Comment