Monday 21 November 2011

Oh, Monday.


Let me just make this very clear.  Usually I LOVE Mondays.  Actually, it's my favorite day of the week. Fresh starts, back on schedule and routines and a day back to the gym after a (usually) very calorie filled Sunday.

Today *started* out okay.  Usual early morning gym sess...but then the wheels fell off.  This morning was CRAZY and behind schedule...I still can't figure out why! And right as we were running out the door already late for school my STUPID loaner piece of crap car BROKE.

I've been without a vehicle for over a month...a family member borrowed my vehicle and hit a deer and the insurance company wrote it off.  Since then we've been waiting for Charlie's mechanic to get another vehicle fixed up for me to use and while we wait he let us borrow one of his vehicles.  And then Charlie goes out of town for a week and now it breaks down.  Awesome.

I hate it when mornings are stressful.  Growing up in a house full of kids mornings were usually pretty chaotic.  I usually do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen for my kids, but this morning was a write off and I've felt guilty about it all day long.

Luckily, things have turned around! :)  I went "into town" with my favorite person on earth - my Gram.  I got a ton of groceries and when I came home my uncle had fixed my vehicle. Phew.  A relief.  Now I can wait for my kids to get home with a house full of snacks and some Timbits for for dessert.  I can still make this happen! :)


Monday might have won this morning...but the rest of the day is MINE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment