Tuesday 15 November 2011

Wanna Be Morning Person

About two weeks ago I made a seriously life altering decision.  I am going to be a morning person.

I know,  right?

A good friend of mine has been getting up BEFORE 6 every morning to hit up the local gym.  Sheer madness, in my mind.

Well as a few extra pounds have crept on over the course of the last few months since my whittle down for the infomercial I decided I needed to do SOMETHING so I agreed to start hitting up the local gym EARLY with her.

I might kind of love it.

No word of a lie.

It is SUCH a relief to get my workout out of the way so early and be ready to hit the morning action hard when I get home from my workout to get the kids out the door.  Having a time change thrown into the middle of things made things MUCH easier, let me tell you.

As I've moved away from the big city and my teaching load has been lightened SUBSTANTIALLY I've noticed my fitness level hit the basement.  I always have good intentions to get my workout down but as the day goes on, my motivation diminishes.  Now I have one less thing on my to do list every day.

So I do 45-60 minutes of cardio every morning to start my day.  These old knees are STILL giving me trouble so I mix it up on either the bike or the elliptical and then throw in a Body Pump 3 times a week after the kids go to school, plus my teaching, which is anywhere from 1-3 mornings a week.

I seriously HATE cardio machines.  I feel like the time goes so slow and I get so bored! I've been downloading Jillian Michael's podcasts onto my ipod to listen to and texting my sassy sister RayRay to pass the time.  Then there's also taking pictures of myself sweating to prove I was actually there at 6:07am....

You're going to notice my on a MASSIVE health and fitness kick over the next few weeks.  I want to look AWESOME when I hit my milestone birthday in 3 weeks.....it will help me feel less traumatized.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment